Re: [DotGNU]WinForms on amd64

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]WinForms on amd64
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:09:15 +1000

On Monday 11 October 2004 08:41 pm, Gopal V wrote:

> on x86_64 .  Strange , but looks like the mask being
> passed as visual is the bug here ?. I'm unable to
> determine whether this is libffi, pnet's marshalling
> or something else . Can the experts have peek at this
> ?.

Do the types in the declaration of XCreateWindow exactly match those in the
system's Xlib.h.  Your test case is wrong for x86 because it uses "ulong" in
the *.cs code and "unsigned long" in the *.c code.  Those aren't the same
size.  Similar problems may be happening with the amd64 version.  Check the
numeric types in the generated Xlib.cs and Types.cs files to ensure that the
amd64 versions are correct.

I can perhaps diagnose this further if you send me the above generated files
on an amd64 machine, together with the Xlib.h file, and the size of all int
and long types from that amd64 machine.

If all of that checks out, then it is perhaps something in libffi.  Have you
tried updating it yet?