Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:10:35 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 March 2003 09:34 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > --- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > None of these ideas will fix Bug #2806.
> >
> > huh?
> >
> > I was just presenting some ideas for two open tasks that I have
> been
> > thinking about.
>
> From the subject line, we are discussing Bug #2806, and how to move
> it to
> resolution.  Fergus has made a proposal: a one-line change to the out
> of
> memory error message.  Where's the patch?  It should be done by now.

I dont know where Fergus's Patch is. I just was giving you a background
on my plans for handling some of these problems. If you want a one
liner, please do that. I dont think it will help that much.

The real problem with the pnet right now is the lack of diagnostic and
meta information dumping. I think that I will reactivate my old patches
for that and produce an experimental version of pnet that includes my
ideas on this matter. You are not really interested in them, and I
think others will want to use a version of pnet that produces more
usefull debugging information.

I will try and make the change clean enough so that you may include
them if you feel like it, I make no illusions that you are interested.
I am sure you will love just deleting the patch.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/