[Dotgnu-pnet] Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] DotGNU git repository information

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Dotgnu-pnet] Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] DotGNU git repository information
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:09:09 +1000

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Klaus Treichel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

it looks like the webpage update on dotgnu.org didn't work as expected.
The changes didn't get pushed to the website.

The anonymous access information is:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/dotgnu-pnet.git
cd dotgnu-pnet
git submodule update --init

Before making any changes in the sources you have to make sure that you
are on the master branch.
In the module directory (for example dotgnu-pnet/pnetlib) use the
following instruction

git checkout master

Cool!  I did all that and made some changes to treecc (fix 64-bit issues) and then tried to push:

address@hidden treecc]$ git push -v origin master
Pushing to git://git.savannah.gnu.org/dotgnu-pnet/treecc.git
Looking up git.savannah.gnu.org ... done.
Connecting to git.savannah.gnu.org (port 9418) ... 199.232.41.69 done.

Oops!

I changed the remote url in .git/config to the following:

[remote "origin"]
        url = "" href="http://address@hidden/srv/git/dotgnu-pnet/treecc.git" target="_blank">address@hidden/srv/git/dotgnu-pnet/treecc.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/
origin/*

Then the push worked.  So, developers with write access to the repository should clone the main repository as follows:

    git clone ssh://login@git.savannah.gnu.org/srv/git/dotgnu-pnet.git

Or just edit the remotes in the submodules by hand when you get hung up on.

More information on Savannah and git here:

    http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit

Because we are using submodules, I had to also go into the metaproject and do the following (after fixing the remote url's):

    git add treecc
    git push

This tells the metaproject that a change has been made to the subproject and where to put the heads for new checkouts.

Cheers,

Rhys.