[Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:01:18 -0400

I'm trying to use duplicity with box.net (which has a WebDavS interface) but
not having much luck.   Backups seem to run fine, but I'm unable to verify or
do any restores.  I found similar mention of this in the issue list for
duplicati (http://code.google.com/p/duplicati/issues/detail?id=217) and that it
may be due to non-standard compliant WebDav server on box.net.   Since I'd like
to make use of my 50GB free space, it would be great if this would work.  I've
even tried disabling encryption to test but verify and restore still fail:
Here's what I'm seeing:

This runs without issue:
/usr/local/bin/duplicity -v9 --tempdir=/data/tmp --full-if-older-than 14D
--no-encryption --include=/home/user/bin --exclude=** /
webdavs://address@hidden:address@hidden/dav/duplicity

I verify that files actually exist in the duplicity folder from the box.net web
UI.

I then try to run verify and get this:

Using archive dir: /root/.cache/duplicity/f9e871231d118dcb96e3920aa9488abe
Using backup name: f9e871231d118dcb96e3920aa9488abe
Import of duplicity.backends.rsyncbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.localbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.botobackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.u1backend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.ftpbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.imapbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.ftpsbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.gdocsbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.cloudfilesbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.hsibackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.sshbackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.tahoebackend Succeeded
Import of duplicity.backends.webdavbackend Succeeded
Using WebDAV host www.box.net
Using WebDAV port None
Using WebDAV directory /dav/duplicity/
Using WebDAV protocol http
Main action: verify
duplicity 0.6.15 (August 19, 2011)
Args: /usr/local/bin/duplicity verify -v9 --tempdir=/data/tmp
--full-if-older-than 14D --no-encryption --include=/home/user/bin --exclude=**
webdavs://address@hidden:address@hidden/dav/duplicity /
Linux homer 2.6.32-33-generic #70-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 7 21:09:46 UTC 2011 i686
/usr/bin/python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:09:56)
[GCC 4.4.3]
Listing directory /dav/duplicity/ on WebDAV server
WebDAV PROPFIND attempt #1 failed: 200
Listing directory /dav/duplicity/ on WebDAV server
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:"/>

Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Listing directory /dav/duplicity/ on WebDAV server
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:"/>

0 files exist on backend
0 files exist in cache
Extracting backup chains from list of files: []
Last full backup date: none
Collection Status
-----------------
Connecting with backend: WebDAVBackend
Archive dir: /root/.cache/duplicity/f9e871231d118dcb96e3920aa9488abe

Found 0 secondary backup chains.
No backup chains with active signatures found
No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.
Using temporary directory /data/tmp/duplicity-ajSloA-tempdir

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1333, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1316, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 1252, in main
    verify(col_stats)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 699, in verify
    collated = diffdir.collate2iters(restore_get_patched_rop_iter(col_stats),
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 599, in restore_get_patched_rop_iter
    backup_chain = col_stats.get_backup_chain_at_time(time)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/duplicity/collections.py", line
945, in get_backup_chain_at_time
    raise CollectionsError("No backup chains found")
CollectionsError: No backup chains found

Any suggestions on working around the box.net WebDav issues in order to get
proper file listings so duplicity knows that I have backups and thus allow me
to do restores?  5GB accounts are free if anyone would be willing to help me
figure this out.

Thanks!
Brian