Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: AssertionError on every attempt

From: Scott McKenzie
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: AssertionError on every attempt
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 07:37:13 +1000

On 10 June 2015 at 07:15, <address@hidden> wrote:

ic.. thanks! it'd be interesting to see the errorstack to determine what size pydrive actually returned.

I think the backend is possibly calling next() on an empty list in the _query() method.  So an exception is thrown and it then returns -1.

@Rupert: do you have kept the logs?
Rubert, sorry for referring to you as Robert in my previous reply!

also the fatal error does not make sense there. in case of of a corrupted upload the upload should be retried --num-retries times.
I agree.  What about backends like this one that allow files with the same name though?  You could potentially end up with --num-retries files on the backend and it still fails.

For this backend I think a retry in _query is necessary, along with a more specific query to search for the specific filename.  I won't have time to write a patch for a few days.