Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: AssertionError on every attempt

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fwd: AssertionError on every attempt
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:56:51 +0200

On 10.06.2015 14:43, Rupert Levene wrote:
> Here's a revised pydrivebackend.py. The changes are hopefully:
>
> (1) querying on individual filenames where possible, which is much
> faster than the old method
>
> (2) warning if a filename used by duplicity is shared by several files
> in the backup folder
>
> (3) overwrite on upload if there is (at least one) existing file with
> the same filename
>
> (4) deletion of a non-existing file will do nothing; I don't know what
> the old code would have done.

looks good.

not sure about (2) which might probably work, but probably is error, so i'd
rather had a fatal error thrown and the user deal with it than silently use the
first listed. who guarantees that google always returns the same file first?

wrt. (4) afair most backends ignore deletion problems, maybe log warn about
them only. but as we've now established that there is a possibility of multiple
instances on the backend, the delete routine should probably try to delete all
off them, no?

..ede/duply.net