[Duplicity-talk] duplicity restore question

From: Jared Larsen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity restore question
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 08:12:33 -0600

Hello,

I recently setup duplicity on a computer running ubuntu.  I setup a backup routine that backs up certain folders on the machine to backblaze using the tutorial here:

https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001518354

I have the backup working fine but am unable to do a restore. I've tried restoring files a couple of different ways.

After downloading the files from backblaze via web browser I tried the basic restore as follows:

$ duplicity restore --file-to-restore '/path to backup' '/path to /restore
location'

but duplicity repeatedly says that the backup does not contain the requested
folders.

So to check to see what the backup contains I enter the following command:

sudo duplicity list-current-files file:///path/to/backup folder'

That command returns nothing more than the date of the backup and a period like so:
"Wed Feb 21 16:26:05 2018 ."

It does not list the contents of the backup.

If I could at least get the contents of the backup I could make sure I have the
correct paths to do a restore.

Also, is it possible to restore the entire backup?  To attempt that I tried the
following:

sudo duplicity restore 'file:///path to/backup' '/path to/restore'

That gives me the same result as trying to list current files.  Nothing is ever
restored after it churns for several hours.

Any thoughts on why I can list the current files in my backup or restore the
entire backup?  The result is the same whether I attempt to restore
the local files or directly from backblaze.

thanks,
Jared