edu-eu

Re: Idea

From: Lord Alistair Davidson, part time deity
Subject: Re: Idea
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:47:40 +0100

[note: this was originally on the education mailing list. I have added
the web mailing list because I think they may be interested]

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is such  a catalog at OFSET - which is an associate organization of the
> FSFE -
> The URL is http://www.ofset.org/freeduc. The other aspect of the catalog is
> to help
> to produce .deb packages when there are not availaible. So as we promote the
> use of
> free software for education we promote aswell the use of the Debian
> distribution in
> education.
> Also in the catalog only free software are referenced of course and we have a
> free
> cerificatation scheme to add new entries in the catalog.
>
> Of course cooperation is welcome.
>
> Hilaire

Oh, that's wonderful! :)

In that case, maybe fsfeurope.org should mirror that list, or at the
very least have a prominent link directly to it. I don't have the time
to check right now- do we have an education section on the fsfeurope web
pages? If so, we should have a link/mirror there. If not, then we should
create an education section I think.

--
Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]
Rick's World: http://www.altgeek.org/lord_inh/comic/index.html