edu-eu

Re: [edu-team] [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-team] [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:31:44 +0200

Hello Michael and others,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:36:12AM +0200, Michael Kappes wrote:
> 1. an execution, title: "the difference between open and closed source".

I find the discussion about Open Source vs. Free Software very tiring
and sometimes destructive, so I don't want to start it here again. But
if anything is communicated in the name of the FSFE, the term Free
Software should be used.

> this exec. must revised for edu software. this exec. was tested  by 2
> events (linuxtag on FH Potsdam and a FFII execution at BeLUG)

Ok, can we find it somewhere?

> whit this new exec. we bring forward arguments for OSS to teatchers. and
> we invite the teachers to stay by a panel discussion

Speaking of arguments, are you aware of this page?
http://wiki.fsfe.org/Reasons_for_schools_to_use_Free_Software

> 2. bassed on (1.) we can make a panel discussion whit teatchers,
> governance (Berlner Senat Jugend und Sport), Peoples from "free and
> democratic schooling" and others (e.g. in the newthinkingstore / berlin)
> and as a second we make the "teacher advanced training" (or all, to be
> interested in) mayby one fix day every month or quarter (mayby at the
> same location)

Sounds good! Do you have enough manpower to organize something like
that in Berlin? Hm, that makes me think here in Frankfurt... :/

> explanation report:
>
> - i have, not just yet, contact to the scolelinux buddys. tomorrow is a
> meeting.... (fsfe fellow meeting in berlin allso :( )
>
> - i have contact to berlin gov. (Bezirksamt Jugend Sport) only one
> district (pankow/weissensee). but, if we start in one district the
> others will follow ;)

Sounds good, again. Could you explain a little further what has been discussed
so far?

> mayby we make wiki page under: ??
> http://fsfe.org/projects/education/eduteam.de.html ?!

There is one at