edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"

From: gerhard . oettl
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:23:06 +0200

Guido Arnold schrieb:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:09:12AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

[ about creating / finding / promoting portals for free educational software ]

Schoolforge (which you will know) is another candidate. We should collect existing sites first.

All right, let's start at the fsfe wiki for the time being until we
find a suitable solution that will allow non-fellows to contribute as
well.

I started the page <https://wiki.fsfe.org/Education/Edu-Portals> and I will update the page with my long list of bookmarks collected over time.

But if there are only we two working in this field it will be another dead end, like many other projects (selfplatform.eu) and <http://www.fsfe.org/projects/education/education.html> looks a little outdated.

The page <http://www.fsfe.org/projects/education/eduteam.html> tells about "three databases with free edu software". Does anybody has the links of them? May be I know them, but I want to verivy.

Even if the european level is more appropriate (because of cultural implications) for edu software than for others (like spreadsheets) I think this level only make sense for political actions. For software itself I think the global level would be the only fitting.

gerhard