edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Updated French page

From: Michael Opdenacker
Subject: [Edu-fr] Updated French page
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:52:07 +0200

Hello,

Now that I have access to the CVS doc repository, I updated the French
translation of the home page

   * I merged it with my own translation (oops, there has been work
     duplication, as I first didn't know that a first translation
     existed)... trying to keep the best of the two.
   * Whenever a link could be replaced by a link to the corresponding
     page in French, I replaced it.
   * I replaced characters with accents by the corresponding HTML code
     ('´' instead of 'é'). I guess it's more standard (that's what
     we have in the French version of the GNU home page), but it makes
     it more difficult to edit pages in a simple text editor. I asked
     GNU webmasters about this, as the guidelines page doesn't mention
     this point. Of course, we can easily revert back to character
     accents.
   * I added a link to the French page in the Spanish and English pages.
   * I will refer to this page in the French page of GNU Typist.

Your comments and changes are welcome, of course!

    Cheers,

    @:^)

    Michael

Michael Opdenacker, address@hidden