Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:56:13 +0330 (IRT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Ehud Karni wrote:

> For programmers, my hebeng.el (visual) package is enough. For most of
> the other users who need it for free writing, a Logical order is a
> must. As for UNICODE disadvantages, we lost this battle, The UNICODE
> is the De-facto standard (also by Microsoft rivals - Mozilla, Linux).

After finishing Fribidi, we'll start working on a simple bidi editor based
on the ideas I told about. I gonna prove this by code :)

BTW, I think we were talking about visual buffer vs. logical buffer, and
not visual vs. logical. The user won't notice any difference. She'll get
her logical behaviour.

And finally about Linux, would you tell me which parts of it you mean?

--roozbeh