Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:29:19 +0000

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > In general, as they are now: since the buffers are in logical order, and
 > you type the search string in the logical order as well, the search
 > engine generally works the same as it does now.

since already issues are discussed which seem to be quite in the
future let me add, the problem of abbrev here.
In mule 2.3 which I consider as the example en se, abbrev was broken
in the following way.

1. One could exand, by typing,  ASCII char to Hebrew one in the buffer:
   peace --> SHALOM
2. One could not expand by typing, Hebrew letter, neither to Hebrew
   chars, nor to ASCII ie
   SH --> SHALOM
   SHALOM --> peace
3. The expansion worked if expand-region-abbrevs was used.

4. Abbreviations saved to the .abbrev_defs file usually were save as iso
   8859-8 char, not as Mule constructs.

Uwe Brauer