Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:31:51 +0200

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:38:51 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I *know* your code does a better job, but I think we still should
> begin with UAX#9.  That's the power of an accepted standard, even if
> it is not good enough.

I agree. I'm sorry if it seems I meant otherwise.

> We could later tweak the results with formatting codes, if we decide
> it's imperative.

You'll have to a new input method, to add formatting characters
automatically (without explicit user intervention).

It is better if can convince the UNICODE committee to amend its
standard, but judging from the stories we heard last year, I doubt it.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign