Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Arabic support
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 00:58:59 -0400

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 11:55:38 +0900
>
> In Emacs, the column number affects when a user types C-n
> (or C-p) to go to (roughly) the same x-position of the next
> (or previous) line.  So, the column number should reflects
> the x-position, and for that, zero-width combining
> characters should not be counted into the column number.

But does the implementation of current-column, move-to-column and
friends support that?  Perhaps I'm missing something, but my reading
of current_column_1 and its subroutines is that it only supports
display strings, composed characters, and display tables.  Do
zero-width characters use any of these mechanisms?