Re: mode-line face

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mode-line face
Date: 28 Sep 2000 20:27:02 +0100

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hm, I think I like the variable-pitch font, but only in its normal
> height.

I agree, 1.2 looks too big with Helvetica (maybe not so bad if your
variable-width font is Times).  I did notice that the modeline is
drawn assuming a fixed font. Depending on the text that is in the
modeline, it can finish before the right margin with a variable width
font, leaving a white block.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>