Re: Keys when menu-bar is active?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Keys when menu-bar is active?
Date: 20 Jan 2002 18:02:36 +0000

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:

> Hi,
>
> [X toolkit]
>
> I'd like to bound ESC to "escape" from the menu-bar (mouse-1 on "File"
> will pop-up the menu File. When I press Escape, the menu "File" will
> disappear and the menu-bar will not be activated.)

It is probably better to spend this effort porting the menu code to
GTK, which I think will give you that behaviour for free.

> Any opinions where to start and how does one correctly implement that to
> xterm.c and keyboard.c? Where it should be done? Anyone who knows internals
> better then me willing to do that?

My guess would be in lwlib/xlwmenu.c, since this is really a toolkit
issue (those keys work on MS-Windows without any support in Emacs, and
I think I have seen them work on some Motif versions of Emacs too).

--
Jason Rumney