Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-dat

From: Michael Toomim
Subject: Re: The minibuffer vs. Dialog Boxes (Re: Making XEmacs be more up-to-date)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:40:03 -0700

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
Then keep using the menus and ignore my suggestions.  I merely tried
to help.

I don't think that Terje meant to offend anyone. He noticed that the Emacs developers were discussing the problems that new users have with the UI, and that the developers would like to know what specific problems new users actually have. So he offered his two cents of real-world experience.

If the devlopers aren't interested in knowing why so many programmers these days are staying away from Emacs, then keep the UI problems and ignore Terje's suggestions. He merely tried to help.