Re: Customize fringe

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize fringe
Date: 10 May 2002 01:31:27 +0200

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> What do you think of this?

I would like you to wait implementing anything like this.
It is on my TODO list to make fringe configurable
per buffer/window rather than per frame.

Something like variables left-margin-width / right-margin-width
and functions set-window-margin / window-margin.

Once that is in place, various modes may fine-tune their
use of the fringe (e.g. gdb may explicitly enable the left
fringe for the arrow, and speedbar may turn off both fringes
by default).