Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 22 May 2002 12:51:09 +0900

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> The only way I can think of to implement said `font-lock-face-category'
> is to loop through all the symbols in `font-lock-category-alist' and use
> `symbol-name' to compare their string names.  That just seemed too
> inefficient.

BTW, besides the plist trick I mentioned in my previous message, you
could also just construct an alist of (GLOBAL-NAME . LOCAL-NAME)
mappings, and `assq' is every bit as efficient as `nth'.

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I