Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?
Date: 26 May 2002 09:08:57 +0900

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
> Yes, the applications I tried behaved as you thought -- the selection
> is canceled if you click anywhere (inside or outside the selection).

The program I usually have problems with is Mozilla, which does the
select-dragging thing -- there, you _can_ click inside the selection to
reduce it to a point, but if your click is a little sloppy and produces
some movement events between the down/up events, it thinks you're trying
to drag instead.

Actually none of the Gnome programs I tried seem to implement `selection
dragging with mouse-1' at all...

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products