Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:52:36 +0200

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:13:46 +0300 (IDT), Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAIK, it already is sorted.

Top-down? Do you mean that "implementing a smoother vertical scroll
facility" has more importance than "internationalize Emacs's messages"?
:)

> Richard will surely reply, but I'm confident he didn't mean that you
> should be ashamed for working on Emacs.

Well, my Spanish must be getting through my poor English, and we
Spaniards use stronger terms in arguments that Anglo-Saxon people ;-)

What I meant was that, with Richard's POV, I should be continually
thinking if the bugs I'm hunting, or the new features I'm thinking
(which often are small user conveniences) are really important or should
I be doing another, more worthwhile, Emacs thing.

But the fact is that I'm a (small) Emacs developer, but also a user, and
as a user, every time that I use ehelp I get somewhat irritated (though
not as irritated as if I had to use Emacs without ehelp ;) It makes
perfect sense to try and fix those problems, if I can, irrespective of
its relevance in the Great Master Plan.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u