Re: info

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: info
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:22:23 +0000 (UTC)

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> says

   I believe this must be a problem with your Dir file.

I hope so.  The problem is, my Dir file is pretty normal, constructed
by Debian testing and GNU Emacs.

You say you are using      makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.2

In my case

    # makeinfo --version
    makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.3

although I don't think the higher version is the problem.  I think the
bug is more likely a side effect of fairly normal, but not usually
considered, installation of GNU.  But I don't know for sure.

   In an unrelated matter:

      /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

   I guess you must be susceptible to the "blinking cursor phenomenon"
   too.  It is strange how such a tiny blinking black box can have this
   dramatic effect on the nervous system of a small minority of people
   (it is torture), whereas it apparently leaves the vast majority of
   people completely unaffected.

Yes.  It is strange.  But then, I know many people who like breathing
exhaust fumes from cars and sleeping with bright lights and loud
noises, even though they do not have to.

    http://www.teak.cc                                     address@hidden