From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: INSTALL-CVS
Date: 04 Jun 2003 10:38:34 -0700

> |> Suggestion -- have the configure script 'touch' the Info files as
> |> the last thing it does if and only if they exist at the time of
> |> the 'configure'.

> This is counter-productive, because then if you rerun configure when
> the info files are out-of-date they won't be rebuilt.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure why anyone
would *rerun* configure in a "built" environment and not do something
like 'make clean' first.

Perhaps the 'touch' could be done only on first run of configure?

David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.
Software Engineering           Sunnyvale, CA