Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:34:04 -0500

    The aims of the new system are to make a web based info reader that
    would be as good as the console based Info reader and that can be
    used by people with slow Internet connections and free software web
    browsers (Mozilla, Galeon, etc... as well as Emacs/W3, Lynx, etc...)

Is this intended as a replacement for Info format, or as another
format to be used alongside it?  It can't do any harm as an additional
format.

    I am considering the potential of adding Mozilla's Javascript engine
    to Emacs and Lynx which would solve this problem.

Although the license permits adding this to Emacs, I certainly
don't want to do it.