Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:34:23 -0500

    > Maybe it would be ok to use customizability as the criterion
    > for user-variable-p.  However, I am not sure it would be an improvement
    > over the current way of handling things.

    AFAIK, the current way of doing things is already to use customizability as
    a criterion for user-variable-p, making * only meaningful for defvar but
    not for defcustom.  Are you saying that you want to remove even the
    support for * in defvar (instead relying exclusively on defcustom)?

I didn't say I *want* to make this change.  Rather, I expressed
doubts about it.