Re: Info enhancements

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:00:38 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>>     * Added a new keybinding "/" for `Info-search-next' (suggested by
>> Reiner).
>>
>> I think that `s RET' would be a good way to specify this,
>> also more consistent with other search commands in Emacs.
>
> I think `/' should be simply another binding for `Info-search', for
> compatibility with the stand-alone reader.  Then, `s RET' and `/ RET'
> will find the next occurrence (the former of these already works in
> Emacs, and both work in the stand-alone reader).

If `/' will be another binding for `Info-search', then perhaps its
counterpart character `\' would be bound to `Info-search-next'.
However, I already used `\' for `Info-history' buffer.  So, if someone
suggests a better keybinding for `Info-history', then `\' could be used
for `Info-search-next'.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/