Re: Info *note xxx* problems

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Info *note xxx* problems
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:28:38 +0200

Juri Linkov writes:

> I don't see how Info readers could be fixed: the `*note ' text
> is used for cross-references.
>
> Fortunately, you can use emphasis other than asterisks by replacing
> the @string argument of the @table by any argument which doesn't put
> asterisks around the text: @emph, @asis, @code, @samp, @var, @option...

Hmm, then I think we could/should do that, but, I also think that if
there is consensus that this cannot be fixed by info readers, makeinfo
should not output it that way.

It should maybe check the string it puts asterisks around, and replace
spaces by underscores, or use other emphasis marks than asterisks if
there' a loose word called `note' in it.

Jan.