Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: 29 Apr 2004 17:53:46 -0500

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> > If you agree or strongly object, please say so.  I'd like to make the
> > change soon, but don't want to do the work only to have it voted down,
> > of course.
>
> I don't understand what work are you speaking about.  It's trivial
> 5-line code.  Sorry, I've already done this yesterday ;-)

Perhaps I can clarify, Juri:

The "work" I'm talking about is mostly not code.  It's testing and
checking for edge cases, searching for places where this should be
documented, writing that documentation, etc.  All this will take much
more effort than the code itself (though not a huge amount of effort
in absolute terms, of course).

Since you have not posted your patch, this mailing list has no way of
reviewing it.  However, there are very few truly 5-line patches to add
new functionality -- bugfixes, yes, but not user-visible new features.

-Karl