[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: 03 May 2004 23:00:41 +0200
User-agent: Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.3.50

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> >> In that case, I guess we should aim for a release without the unicode
> >> branch.  And certainly without the multi-tty branch.  (As for the
> >> tiling and lexical branches, I am not convinced I want to make those
> >> changes.)
> > So when do we declare "feature freeze" ?  May 1st ?
> May 1st sounds very good to me,

Did we decide on naming the next release 21.5 ?  

It's simpler just to stick with 21.4 and do some real work, but if we
must change it, who will make an effort to change 21.4 -> 21.5
throughout the sources.

To speed up things even further, should we make a pretest now?

We could announce to the pretesters that it is an early pre-test, but
believed to be stable and ask the pretesters to actively start using
it so we can get feedback asap.

I suggest that we set the USE_LSB_TAG for GNU/Linux and Mac/OS for the
first pretest; we can then enable it for more ports in the next

Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> http://www.cua.dk

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]