Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: 19 May 2004 18:50:42 -0400

> Yesterday, I did a partial test where I wrote a fun to check all
> Lisp_Misc blocks for invalid misc types (except Lisp_Misc_Free) for
> every call to Fcons -- and no such problems occurred, i.e. the bad
> misc cells pointed to from some cons cells were NOT in the marker
> block chain...

Hmm... was this run before, after, or during GC ?
[ I assume it was before. ]
Can you use the mem_find to try and figure out whether it's pointing at a
GC-managed block or not?
Can you also disable the block-release code (the one that calls xfree on
blocks of cnos cells and lisp_misc objects) to see if it is maybe pointing
to blocks that have been reclaimed?

        Stefan