Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:35:15 +0100: Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > libc.lib(heapinit.obj) : error LNK2005: __heap_init already defined in
> > > temacs1.lib(w32heap.obj)
> >

> > The patch shouldn't have touched those two.  The only connection is
> > that w32select.c uses "os_subtype", which I is defined in w32heap.c.
> > For that w32select.c includes "w32heap.h", that is all the conneciton
> > there is.
>

> If this is the source of the problem, then moving os_subtype to w32.h
> might fix it. But first, we must understand why this problem has
> occurred. Is the new implementation of w32select.c using a C library
> function that internally mallocs memory using the C library malloc
> instead of Emacs' one? Or is it the calls to GlobalAlloc that is causing
> this (in which case there is no conflict).

I already experimented not to including w32headp.c but locally define
enum {OS_OSWIN95 = 1, OS_NT }; and extern int os_subtype; and found
the compilation passed but the same link error occurred.

Normally (without Benjamin's patch) _heap_init and _heap_term are
provided by w32heap.c but the patch somehow pulls in these function
from the MS library I suppose.  I suspect Jason's theory of hidden
malloc maybe the case.

I'll continue to investigate.

-Tak