Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:24:27 +0200

Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Generally, I would expect you to look at at least two different
>> surface expressions at the same time, such as Info and DVI.  This way
>> you could avoid accidentally focusing too much on just one output
>> format.  With the deep representation, this means three visible
>> windows.  You might set things up so that by default a frame is laid
>> out with three windows above each other.
> [...]
>
> This is quite different.  David Kastrup has written a paper discussing
> the merits of various preview models, which could be of interest here.
> I don't recall the URL, though.

It's focused about WYSIWYG and LaTeX, and the paper not only focuses
on the paradigms itself, but also on the quality of existing (free)
implementations.  So it should probably be considered as relevant in
this discussion only with an appropriately sized grain of salt.

Try <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/wysiwyg-draft.pdf>.