Re: pop-up tool-bar

From: Miguel Frasson
Subject: Re: pop-up tool-bar
Date: 07 Oct 2004 13:33:28 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> This code adds a minor mode, `tool-bar-here-mode', which is the same as
> `tool-bar-mode', except that it affects only the selected frame.
> It also adds a "button" named "Tool Bar" to the far right of the
> menu-bar whenever the tool-bar is not visible (both `tool-bar-here-mode'
> and `tool-bar-mode' are turned off). You can click the button to pop up
> the tool-bar on the selected frame for the execution of a single command
> (typically a tool-bar button click). The Tool Bar button is absent
> whenever the tool-bar is visible, and vice versa.

When I use the tool-bar-here-mode, and I show the toolbar clicking in the
menu item "Tool Bar"[1] , and then if I click in the window, the
mouse-down event is read, unactivating the toolbar.  The window size
changes, and the mouse-up event is in a different position, causing a
involuntier selection.  Could the toolbar deactivation be postponed to
avoid this?

Maybe, just disable the button could give a better feedback (that this
mechanism is on)

[1] It could be "ToolBar" because maybe it is not nice to have spaces in
top menu itens (top menu itens are separated by space).

Miguel Frasson.

Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson