RE: feedback on customize -- apropos-groups et al

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feedback on customize -- apropos-groups et al
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:47:40 -0700

   M-x customize RET shows you information about customize groups.
   The top of the Custom buffer has a Help link to the manual's description.

You're right. Sorry, operator ignorance. Don't know how I missed the Help
button. (Button overdose, perhaps.)

       3. possible to have a version of the Info section on customize
          that reflects the UI on a window system?

   I don't understand.

Info is text-only; the customize interface I see (with a window system) has
buttons and looks a bit different. That's all.

       4. As to customize itself, it would be clearer if buttons that acted
only as
       links looked like links. Buttons should be reserved for real
_actions_. Too
       many buttons(!) -- most of which are not. Also, instead of having
this:

   How should a link look?

Like a link in Info, for instance, or in common Web browsers. Info links
don't interfere much with reading the text. By default they are just blue
text (purple for visited links). I think this was maybe my main message:
just change buttons that are not action buttons to look like Info links. And
using a different link color for visited links ("buttons"), as in Info, also
helps navigation.