Re: Syncing Gnus with Emacs and back

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus with Emacs and back
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:47:40 +0900

Ok, I've implemented something so that future merges into Gnus, and into
the Emacs trunk[*] will have log messages like:

   Merge from $MERGE_VERSION

Where $MERGE_LOG is the same sort of log that has been used up until
now, and $CHANGELOG is an aggregation of any new ChangeLog entries
present in the merge.

[*] Merges into Emacs branches will _not_ use this style; I thought they
might be too verbose, as such merges tend to contain large numbers of
changes, so such an aggregate changelog is less useful.

We live, as we dream -- alone....