Re: Setting file-name/process coding system from LANG

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Setting file-name/process coding system from LANG
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:34:51 -0400

    Another problem is the case of LANG=zh_CN.utf8.  Currently
    we don't have Chinese lang. env.  We only have Chinese-GB,
    Chinese-EUC-TW, Chinese-BIG5, Chinese-CNS.  Which one to
    use?

I don't know the answer, but dynamically generated language
environments are not the answer.  They won't make it any easier to
decide which one to use.

You could pick one as a default.  You could make it ask the user.