Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:46:42 +0100

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> In fact, that is perhaps another, general problem: how to know how to
> customize Customize.

M-x customize-group <ret> customize <ret>

Or from a customize buffer, select Custom -> Customize from the menu
bar (they are all there).

> If nothing else, I would hope that it would serve as an options
> browser (like `edit-options').

I like the customize-browse interface way better for browsing than
using customize-group.  Try it.

> See the
> Manual button I mentioned above, for instance: If we assume that Customize
> users are to shun Lisp, then why send them to the Lisp manual for info on
> how to code customize groups and such?

Because there were no user manual for customize at the time the :link
was added, and nobody have bothered to edit it since a customize
section was added to the user manual.  Please send a patch or a bug
report.