Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:17:25 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

>> A simpler interface with a "one line" button bar (prefeably in
>> the header line when supported) like this
>>
>>     [Set]  [Save]  [Load]  [Finish]
>>
>> would be ideal IMO.
>
> Most other applications have the buttons at the bottom. The idea as far as I
> understand it is to have the field and buttons ordered so that what is used
> first comes first. This is both a visual ordering and a keyboard ordering.
> You get used to press TAB to go to the button or field you need next. (I
> think we should encourage keyboard use. Accessability and health.)

The reason the header line is nice is that it will remain on the screen
even when you scroll the customize window.  But of course, you cannot
activate it with your mouse.

But it would make sense if C-x C-s saved the settings, while C-c C-c
just set them.

If we don't have a header line, I don't really care whether the
buttons are at the top or at the bottom.