Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:48:27 +0100

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>      > Based on your example, I'd say another option might be:
>      > - if the click is used to give focus, then don't follow the link.

> I made the same suggestion as Stefan, and I don't think it would lead to
> further confusion. As I mentioned, that is pretty much the behavior that
> Windows users experience every day (the first click establishes focus). And

This makes sense!

I just installed a change so that a mouse-1 click only follows a link
if the window is already selected.

The tooltip will now say to use mouse-2 to follow a link in a
non-selected window and to use mouse-1 in a selected window.

BTW, I hate double-clicks...

> Of course, mouse-follows-focus would no doubt overrule this
> behavior,

It does.

>           so it wouldn't help in that case.

With mouse-autoselect-window / mouse-follows-focus you don't need
to click in the first place, so I don't see a "need to help" here.