Re: Antialiased text on X11

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Antialiased text on X11
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 06:41:09 +0900

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:31:35 -0500, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have started on Xft support, but it is really something for the release
> > after the next, so I don't spend much time on it yet.  I can confirm your
> > reasoning, the Emacs font-selection machinery is indeed the most tricky
> > part, I have not done that fully, so I can't change font yet.  But part of
> > the problem is that the Xft font selection is entirely new compared to the
> > old X font selection.
>
> Feel free to put it on an Arch branch somewhere, or a branch in the CVS ;-)

That would be nice... I'm particularly interested to about see whether
it conflicts with my background-image hacks (though I was similarly
nervous about your GTK port, and there ended up being very little
problem in that instance).

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.