[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RMAIL slows
Re: RMAIL slows
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:45:34 +0200
Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.0.50 (gnu/linux)
"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote,
> ... re_match_2_internal is a function that can easily take an
> insane amount of time ...
> So a good thing to do is to look at the regexp that's being matched
> (typically: look up the backtrace to see the value of the `string' argument
> to search_buffer, then do "print string" and then "xstring" to see the
> actual string).
> Thank you. This and Kim's message are what I need. I cannot figure
> out why things go wrong. They look OK to me.
> ... let the code run until the end of re_match_2_internal. If
> it's immediate it means the problem is maybe not in the time taken
> in each call to re_match_2_internal, but rather in the number of
> When I evoke `finish' when the program has stopped at
> re_match_2_internal, it runs fairly quickly to then stop in
> re_search_2 in regex.c, line 4338, at the second line of
> if (val >= 0)
> return startpos;
> even though I do not have a break point there. (The only breakpoint
> for this run is in re_match_2_internal at regex.c:4828)
Please compile Emacs with "-fnocrossjumping" in the CFLAGS options.
If you don't, GCC will merge multiple execution paths, making
debugging returns, assertions and other stuff quite impossible.
Stack traces will tend to be occasionally rubbish, too.
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum
- Re: RMAIL slows, Robert J. Chassell, 2005/04/08
- Re: RMAIL slows, Stefan Monnier, 2005/04/08
- Re: RMAIL slows, Kim F. Storm, 2005/04/08
- Re: RMAIL slows, Robert J. Chassell, 2005/04/12
- Re: RMAIL slows, Richard Stallman, 2005/04/13
- Re: RMAIL slows, David Kastrup, 2005/04/13
- Re: RMAIL slows, Richard Stallman, 2005/04/14
- Re: RMAIL slows, Robert J. Chassell, 2005/04/15
- Re: RMAIL slows, Richard Stallman, 2005/04/15
- Re: RMAIL slows, Robert J. Chassell, 2005/04/20
- Re: RMAIL slows, Richard Stallman, 2005/04/20
- Re: RMAIL slows, Robert J. Chassell, 2005/04/23
- Re: RMAIL slows, Richard Stallman, 2005/04/23