Re: Adding missing copyright years

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Adding missing copyright years
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:12:20 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     ** Add missing years in copyright notices of all files.
>     DIRECTORY         STATUS          IN CHARGE
>     ---------         ------          ---------
>     lisp/international        working         Kenichi Handa
>     lisp/languages            working         Kenichi Handa

>     When I finished them, I'll change "working" to "done".

I've finished them and started working on `leim' subdir.
Now I have a question.  Some files under leim/quail are
generated from original files under XXX-DIC, and thus they
currently contain verbatim copy of copyright notices of the
original files as attached.

Are they ok, or should we change the format somehow?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden

--- PY.el ---
;; Quail package `chinese-py' -*- coding:iso-2022-7bit; -*-
;;   Generated by the command `miscdic-convert'
;;   Date: Fri May 13 13:49:43 2005
;;   Source dictionary file: pinyin.map
;;   Copyright notice of the source file
;;------------------------------------------------------
;; "pinyin.map" is included in a free package called CCE.  It is
;; available at:
;;      http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main
;;              /source/utils/cce_0.36.orig.tar.gz
;; This package contains the following copyright notice.
;;
;;
;;             Copyright (C) 1999, Rui He, address@hidden
;;
;;
;;                  CCE(Console Chinese Environment) 0.32
;;
;; CCE is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
;; terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
;; Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version.
;;
;; CCE is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
;; WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
;; FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for more
;; details.
;;
;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
;; CCE; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
;; 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
;;------------------------------------------------------

--- 4Corner.el ---
;; Quail package `chinese-4corner' -*- coding:iso-2022-7bit; -*-
;;   Generated by the command `titdic-convert'
;;      Date: Fri May 13 13:49:40 2005
;;      Original TIT dictionary file: 4Corner.tit

;;; Comment:

;; Byte-compile this file again after any modification.

;;; Start of the header of original TIT dictionary.
[...]
;; COMMENT Copyright (c) 2001 Christian Wittern <address@hidden>
;; COMMENT
;; COMMENT Permission to copy and distribute both modified and
;; COMMENT unmodified versions is granted without royalty provided this
;; COMMENT notice is preserved.
;; COMMENT
;; COMMENT      Authors: Dr. Urs App, Christian Wittern (Kyoto Univ, Japan)