Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: display-supports-face-attributes-p bug?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:19:22 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>>> That's the default underline color (bright white).
>>
>> Er, what difference does it make?  It's still not an underline.
>
> In the context of the Linux console, this is how underline is displayed.

It's still not an underline (and it's not even a unique display attribute).

It may be that many apps are inflexible and work better if you lie to
them, but Emacs is not one of those apps.

Maybe terminfo needs an "Oh actually I'm lying about capabilities X, Y,
and Z" capability...

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo