Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:30:12 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> (defmacro at-startup (&rest body)
>   `(if too-late-already
>        (progn . ,body)
>      (setq before-init-hook
>            (nconc before-init-hook ',(copy-sequence body))))
>   nil)

Maybe we can avoid having another variable if we do:

(defmacro at-startup (&rest body)
  `(if (eq before-init-hook t)
       (progn . ,body)
     (setq before-init-hook
           (nconc before-init-hook ',(copy-sequence body))))
  nil)

and set before-init-hook to t after it has been run.

This gives me a new idea:

In general, maybe we could set "run-once" hook variables to t after
they have run, and signal an error if someone tries to modify a hook
which is t.

That might catch some user errors, and I don't see how it can harm.

Also, it would free up the value of those hooks.