Re: GTK file selector

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:57:14 +0200

>> If there is some option that restores the old reasonable behavior in new
>> GTK2 dialogs, Emacs could set such an option by default.
> The old one is still present in GTK, you can set x-use-old-gtk-file-dialog
> in Emacs to enable it.

Thanks.  I tried to set x-use-old-gtk-file-dialog to t, but even though it
looks like the old GTK file selection dialog, it is completely unusable:
its filename entry field is read-only and even C-l is not available to
enter filenames.  It seems the old GTK file selection dialog is intentionally
broken to force users to the new GTK2 file chooser.

Juri Linkov