Re: GTK file selector

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:09:45 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Yes it can be done.  But is it really worthwhile for a dialog
>     that is not default in the first place, and that will probably
>     be gone from GTK soon?
>
> If it is so easy, why not do it?
>
> If the old file dialog works better, should we make it the default?

I don't think so.  The point of a toolkit is not to have applications
behave differently.

> We could also pressure for it not to be deleted.

I think we should rather pressure for the new dialogue to become as
useful as the old one.  That's the really important thing.  It is
nonsense to have dumbed-down dialogs for one kind of application and
others for a different kind.