Re: Docstring line length

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Docstring line length
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:51:56 -0500

    It occurred to me recently to wonder, perhaps we should consider
    making the doc strings a little more structured and their display
    more intelligent: Explicit markers for line breaks and indented
    sections, and wrapped paragraphs for the main descriptive text, using
    whatever width (and font) the user has chosen for her window.

Putting such a plan into effect would be a very large job.  Since our
resources are limited, I am against this regardless of the details,
both now and after the release.  We have lots of other work to do.