Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:13:08 +0100

>DA> The problem (annoyance) is that with many (all?) such mice it is easy
>DA> to accidentally press the wheel while trying to rotate it (the
>DA> rotation finger movement ends similarly to a press movement). In
>DA> Emacs, this results in a rotation (wheel) event followed by a mouse-2
>DA> event, which is rarely what you want. This can be disorienting for a
>DA> gnubie (e.g. unexpected pasted text), and it is anyway annoying for
>DA> oldbies.

Actually, I have the opposite problem. I hardly use the mousewheel. I grew
up when mice didn't have wheels but heavily used the middle button. Now I
can't get a proper 3-button mouse anymore, and when I click the middle
button I often get unwanted wheel rotations. Maybe there should be a
variable telling what to do with simultaneous clicks and rotations.
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden