Re: faq.texi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:41:58 +0200

> From: Frank Schmitt <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:18:10 +0100
>
> Two questions I've been several times are:
>
> "When I type C-s to search, I can't paste via Shift+Insert (or yank via
> C-y). Why and what to do against it?"
>
> "How does query-replace across line borders work?" or on a similiar topic
> "How to prefix every line with text a"

They sound like good additions, but I think we need to verify that the
relevant features are described in the manual and indexed to ease the
search for them.  People are used to go to the FAQ as their first
resort, but we are trying to educate them to look in the manual before
they do.  So I think the FAQ should never describe anything that isn't
in the manual, except if the issue is too obscure or too technical or
doesn't belong in the manual (like URLs of useful resources).